Ads on Top Page

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Enjoy iNet…But Be Careful

It was in 1999, when I used net first time; at that time it was for emails and then got the courage of chatting. I love chatting and was very much addicted of it. I got lots of friends through chat, some were from India and some were from outside. At that time whoever wants to know about me, I gave them all the details about myself, did not know whether it was good or not. But luckily the friends I got were nice enough and we shared lots of ideas and views.

Yesterday, I was reading a magazine in which it was told that, while on net we should not disclose our identity and should not share about our self, should not discuss about our family or family matters, should not post our personnel photos and some more like this. Though I like that idea, because nowadays on net there are lots being happening. Fraud, cheating are increasing on net…lots of fake sites have also come up. Therefore, we should be aware, who knows with whom we are chatting or sharing our views is trustworthy or not. You cannot believe anyone.

Do you know what happened in Mumbai through Orkut? Three friends killed their own friend for money, which they met him on Orkut. It was terrific and the reality of sharing your secrets, about yourself on net. While you are on net, never leave anything behind, sometimes when we are in office we keep our accounts open. This can also harm us. Be careful that anything wrong should not happen with you. And never believe anyone, a trustworthy friend can also harm you on net. I hope all this will help you.

So keep blogging…chatting and Enjoy Life….

If you like this post, then consider subscribing to Full Feed

3 comments:

Simon said...

Good post! I appreciate your advices.

Anonymous said...

Agreed.......my husband has advised me not to put up my own photo on the net......Rashmi

Everymatter said...

a true advice