Ads on Top Page

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Our Love for Birds


Today one thing clicked in my mind. How much we care for our nature. But there are people who care for the nature, some take it seriously and for some it’s just to watch and enjoy, not to care for. Recently in my balcony and kitchen window pigeons have laid eggs. One thing what I noticed was that, most of the time pigeons sit on the egg till the chicks are not out, and it took more than 20 days to the chicks to come out from the eggs. How difficult to sit on a place without moving? But that’s care and love, they care for that, even though they know that after sometime they will fly and will not be with them.

Daily I see them and put water for them, it gives me peace, something I feel in my heart that I am doing some good work, a satisfaction, which can be felt and cannot be described. I remember some moments of my childhood, when I was living in village; I use to feed to peacocks and other birds on the roof. Even sometimes when I have wheat in my hand, the peacock used to come to me and feed from my hand, wow!! I still remember the feeling when peacock put his beak on my palm, its wonderful feeling.

The dance of peacock is marvelous; you might have read in books that when peacock dances, the female peacock shed tears, but I have seen all this. But now when I visit village, I don’t find much peacocks, and their sweet voice. Sound from my heart comes:Where are those days?” (kahan gaye woh din…). May be shortage of water and less trees are the reasons for their demise.

Though in cities the birds don’t have much places to make their nests. We are having big buildings all around and less greeneries (where the birds make their nests). That’s why we do not see many birds in cities in comparison to villages.

If you like this post then consider subscribing to my full feeds Enjoy Life

4 comments:

Meghna said...

Hi champ,
this is a truly beautiful post! I too love to watch peacocks dancing! Keen observation of yours about pegions. great to know that there are still such fabulous nature lovers i our country!

Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Champ said...

Hey Meghna thanks for your comments and appreciation. Yes it all happened with me and I am like that.

footiam said...

I believe I have seen a few peacocks roaming about freely while on the way to Fetepur Sikri. There are dancing bears there too. May post something on the peacock in my PA blog at http://biology-footiam.blogspot.com
Thanks for dropping in at my http://travelpangs.blogspot.com and leaving a message.

Unknown said...

Here in my place, there are many peacocks and they make noises every morning. But its ok because I'm used to it. :)

Benedict
adespets.co.cc