Ads on Top Page

Monday, October 22, 2007

Memories of School Days


Today I want to share with you days of my primary school. I was born in a small village. Our village is situated near the bank of a river. At that time the river flows. But it has dried up now. There was no school in our village and I have to go in a school situated in a nearby village, aprrox. 3 Kms. away. Yes, it was by foot at that time there was no vehicle. With my friends, I tried to reach school early so that we can play there; you know what game we play? We play with a ball made of cloths; it’s like playing football. We enjoyed this game so much.

We bring roti (chapatti), onion and lassi in bottle with us for lunch. After reaching school, we put lassi under sand so that it keeps cool till lunch and I tell you it works and the taste was wonderful of that lassi. It has a different fragrance in it, still remember that one. But nowadays that taste is not available; everything seems to be artificial now. Just before the end of school we were given dalia or something else to eat. For making our handwriting better, we write on a wood plate (1x2 ft in size). A sticks pen is used to write on the plate with the help of Black ink. After reaching back home from school, we have to wash that plate for the next day.

In winters, the water of river was chilled; to cross the river, we made a small bridge with the help of stones where the water was flowing less. What an experience it was!! I remember an incident of summers; I did not know swimming (I still cannot), one day we were taking bath in the river, some of my friends pushed me in deep water and I started throwing my hands to come out…uhh it was terrible for me… though they caught me and drew me out of water. After that incident I never took bath in the river. There are lots of such incidents, which I remember. You might also have such, share them with me.

If you like this article Subscribe through Email:
Or subscribe through Enjoy Life


2 comments:

Marian Ann Love said...

Enjoyed reading about your childhood memories...looks like you had some bad ones! Glad they pulled you out of the water. That had to be frightening!

Champ said...

Hey Thanks marian for taking sometime and reading my post. Yes I was very frightened at that time. But the childhood days are the best I think.