Ads on Top Page

Thursday, October 4, 2007

My Memories with Radio in Village

I was thinking what to write today. Suddenly I went back in my dreams…...and lost in beautiful memories of my village life. What a life it was!!!! And I decided why not to write about my memories about the village life, the village life which most of you might have not seen or visited.
It was the period of 1980s; at that time the main entertainment or the media through which we get news in village was Radio. Most of the time when I was going to the field, the Radio was in my one hand…listening songs of that time i.e. old songs… beautiful voice of all time favorite and charming singers, which makes the environment pleasant. At that time the Radio was used for listening songs, news and of course for running commentary of cricket and hockey matches. There was a fix time for the news i.e. 8 AM, 2 PM and 9 PM which most of the people in the village prefer to listen and of course BBC Hindi Seva was also very much liked by us.
The courage was so high that we were made requests (through postcards) for a particular song so that we can listen our name on Radio and feel proud. And when our name was going to be announced we make the volume of Radio high …..so charming and thrilling moments they were.
Sorry I forgot to tell you about what we do on the field. We mostly sow crops of wheat, mustard & gram in winter season and bajra, guar in summer. Crops were being watered through well. I still have some memories (when I was of 4-5 years) that for watering the crops bulls, camels and in some places male buffalos were used, they draw water from the well and put the water in a tank (made of sand and chunna) and from there the water flows with the help of dhora from one field to another. The field area was again divided in small blocks, which were called kyari (area of 12x15 ft.), when one kyari filled its mouth was closed and the water goes in the next kyari and so on.
While working or watering the crops on field I put my radio on sand or on towel so that the Radio is dust free and listened sweet songs or commentary and waiting for the kyari to fill.. it was a routine work. After the coming of electricity in the village the work of pulling water from well was being done with the help of motors but the flow of water was same i.e. through dhora. Now in new generation pipes and fountain systems are being used for the same work. Still remembering that environment… fresh and clean air, no pollution whatsoever even at that time we didn’t know what is pollution.
But now I miss that life, that environment, that fresh air and the smell of sand, it was all natural.
My heart, my mind feels….. Kahan gaye woh deen…

No comments: